Friday 25 May 2012

Happy Endings!!! :-)

Just completed A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh. Not many of you must have heard about her. Well, she is an author, writes love stories. Not quite like those of Mills and Boon, but somewhat close to them, yet distant. I have her numerous e-books in my laptop along with very many other authors'. Anyway, I love her stories. Even though most of them are same, involving the lady and the earl/viscount/duke are forced into a marriage they despise, but eventually fall in love with each other and live happily ever after. That's it! Live happily ever after. I guess that's the thing which draws me to her novels and towards all the Mills and Boon's and towards almost every love story I've ever read. You see, I can't handle sadness or unhappy endings well. As a friend once said, I'm a sucker for happy endings.

This goes for movies as well. I loved The Holiday, Just Like Heaven and Letters To Juliet. The same reason -- Happy Endings! Coming closer home, I liked movies like Yaadein and Pardes even though they didn't do well enough at the box-office and I watch them every time they are broadcast on TV, much to dear mommy's anguish. Its nice na, happy endings to all the stories, especially love stories? How much more beautiful the world will be then if it were to come true. Coming back to novels revolving love stories, they contain some of the best lines you'll ever come across. Like Mary Balogh in A Christmas Promise writes...
"It is so easy to take love for granted when one has always had it. I knew he loved me as I loved him, but I did not realize perhaps how much until all love was removed."
It was said by the female lead about her dead father.

Just imagine, Happy Endings! You have a huge crush on someone and they fall for you and you two live happily ever after.
Or a loved one is dying and you wish that he gets fine and God listens to you and everything goes back to normal.
Or you fight with your best friend and promise him that you'll never again look at his face and when you reach home, you miss him. Just at that moment, he calls up and apologizes.
Or you want to buy that pretty dress you saw on that shop window which is completely out of your budget and when you reach office, they say you have got a pay hike!
Or you don't feel like cooking today and your guy calls up to tell you that he's taking you out on a date tonight.
Or you simply wake up to a beautiful morning with birds chirping outside your window and warm sunlight pouring through. (Though this comes under happy beginning but you see, all happy beginnings have happy endings.)

My happy ending??? Well, my happy ending for the time being would be the one when I get into the college I want and well, life becomes a little more free. I'm fine with all the complications you see. :-D
So, what would be your happy ending??? Lemme know, and perhaps we can all wish for each other. As they say, prayers are almost always answered when you wish for someone else. :-)

3 comments:

  1. its always a pleasure to read your posts dear! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he he.. n its always a great pleasure to receive comments from d readers... :)

      Delete
  2. My happy ending...well life is not Ended for me:-P but still a job in samsung and a galaxy note in hand will do...part i met my kota frnds here in city of noida.. Thats ultimate happiness... Met one frnd already and abt to meet one soon....waiting desperately

    ReplyDelete