Sunday 20 May 2012

Waiting To Talk...

I came to know something yesterday and my hands are twitching to write about it. Thought I'll write it and a poem written sometime back would follow. But as I read that poem, I feel I can't write something as ugly as that thing with such a beautiful poem (for me) which is so close to my heart. It will be so unfair to my poem. So maybe you'll have to wait to know that thing which I prefer to term as 'Heights of Grossness'. Now, come on, no need to roll your eyes. It's something you can't even think of in your worst thoughts.

Anyway, coming back to my poem, half of it was written a very long back. And for some reason, I left it unfinished. But in February this year, I finally got a chance to complete it. It's one of my favourites. It goes as...

Dusk marks your arrival
The only reason for my survival.
At 6, I'm gonna meet you
The thing I, whole day, want to do.

It's great to talk to my greatest friend
I daily wish the hour would never end.
But it ends soon as if just started
And leaves me alone, completely thwarted.

Then I wait for the night to see you in my dreams
Every day they have new colours and new themes.
As I lie awake on my bed
I imagine you in black and me in red.

The next moment sleep hugs me
To keep me from crying for thee.
Coz night knows I cry for you
Thinking of our past, and the present too.

Reminiscence of those days fills me with rue
Coz beautiful memories are only few.
All that is left is an ugly pain
My attempts to forget it go in vain.


I am still reaching out to you
And waiting for the day when you'll do
I know you too crave for 'us'
And don't worry, it's only just.

I wish I returned to you when you called
But that time I was completely appalled
Engrossed in a love which never existed
One in which my eyes were always misted
He loves me truly, I know for sure
But separation from you, I can't endure

One day our paths will cross again
And we'll together walk down the memory lane
We'll be united forever then,
As if the parting never came...

4 comments:

  1. It made me sentimental...but the PS part was awesome... Tag it as my fav til now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challenge Accepted.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaos.. Absolute Chaos!

    ReplyDelete